Sunday, February 17, 2008

Back from Poland

Just got back from a great gig in Poland last night, at Zanzibar in a small town near Krakowice. It was the promoter, DJ Teq's Birthday over there, so he'd set up a special night to large it in style, with yours truly... Totally RAMMED! They'd sold out all the tickets weeks ago, so it really was fab! Really cool venue, undergound, lots of arches and dark corners, the sort of place I imagine used to be a bomb shelter or something... 

Was genereally a good trip - had to fly mega early out of Gatwick which is a bit of a drag, but I had bags of time to chill before I was due to play so no big deal - had my pre gig relaxo-bath-with-ipod-80s-selection so was in a great mood before I went on - ended up playing about 2 1/2 hours, AND the wine was good! Hurrah! Respect to everyone that came down, it was a pleasure indeed. Oh, and sorry about my dodgy singing - was just doing 'Happy Birthday'. Yikes!

Anyway, back home now, got loads to do next week. The master reference CDs just came back from the new singles so I need to get on with organising the release dates/artwork and stuff. Also got some computer nerd stuff to do on one of the Macs, new HDs to install etc. I should have some cool photos from the gig last night too, my iPhone sucks in dark nightclubs, but there were a couple pro-photographers in there I can probably blag photos off to put up here...

(Edit - got a few pics already, they're up on my facebook page here)

Oh, and the new single, Mr. Freud seems to be doing well - someone told me its number 3 in the juno.co.uk d&b charts, so I'll go check up on that and let you know later...

Oh, by the way, I'm branching out into random Polish shops now too...


Oh, and here's a lovely photo of a Polish Coal mine for you:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo dude! i'm glad that u enjoyed Poland :D